Monday, May 13, 2013

SaveTheHour Flash Mob— London Meet-up Further Details!


SaveTheHour Flash Mob— London Meet-up Further Details

It's time for some further details on the London Meet-Up, as arranged by our wonderful flash mob organizer in London: justacockeyedoptimist!

Hey all! The Radio Times article about the possible one-off this am has got me excited! Maybe we really can show BBC they should do this and make a difference! So here’s the details for the meet-up in London.
Reminder: Please come with a sign that somehow expresses our “Save the Hour” message! Ash has posted great ideas and clips from the Suez Canal episode on the Round-Up.
I’ll be coming with my best attempt at dressing like Bel and if others want to join me in period dress that would be brilliant! But don’t let a lack of period clothing deter you from participating! The more people we have the better!
If you’re planning on coming, can you please message/inbox me and let me know so I know how many to expect?
So, the closest underground station to BBC Broadcasting is the Oxford Circus stop. I propose we meet outside the station on Oxford Street at 11:30 am and then we can walk to Portland Place and the BBC together from there. We can try to stage our own little mini protest outside with our signs, but then also depending on how much recognition we get we’ll probably also go into the front office just to let them know we’re there/we care, etc. 
I’ve sorted out that Kudos TV is about a 26 min journey using the underground from the BBC so I think it’d be lovely if we could make the trip since we’re already there. But we can make the final call on the day. Either way I have directions from place to place! 
If someone wants to inform the London authorities because they think it’d be wise, please do so! I’m not a UK citizen so I have no idea how to go about that/am not sure they’d listen to me. 
Also, if someone wants to bring a camera to film it, that’d be great as well! I’ll have my regular camera for photos, but it’d be great to get some on video also. :-) 
Finally, please just message me (justacockeyedoptimist or email savethehourofficial@gmail.com) if you’d like my mobile to make this all easier on the day.  
If there’s anything Freddie Lyon taught me, it’s that even the smallest person/voice can make a difference and “it’s not impossible when it’s possible.” So very excited to meet my fellow Hour lovers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment